1. Volunteering experience can enhance your employability skills for the future. It can develop skills such as leadership and organisation.
2. Volunteering is a great way to meet new people and contacts at university. It can broaden your support network as you will meet a diverse range of people.
3. Volunteering improves social skills and confidence. It can also lead to a sense of pride and identity.
4. Volunteering helps you to stay physically fit and maintain a healthy lifestyle.
5. Volunteering combats depression. Regular contact with others helps to develop a support system which can help fight against depression.
6. Volunteering strengthens ties to the local community. Volunteers support families, improve schools and support youth development.
7. Volunteering helps you to learn. Volunteering can help you to discover hidden talents that may change your view on your self-worth.
Current Opportunities at NTU
- Hockey and Lacrosse volunteers – must commit to one coaching session a week for six weeks from 20 February – 31 March, 2017
- One-off Hockey tournament hosted on Tuesday 28 March, 2017
- One-off Lacrosse tournament hosted on Tuesday 28 March, 2017
- Media volunteers to assist with photography, videography and match-reporting for NTU Sport
For further information please contact Sport Volunteering Officer, Stacey Trainer.
Mobile: +44 (0) 115 848 3214
By Joe Junkovic – Student Volunteer