At NTU Sport we believe in access to sport for all students. We recognise that the cost of taking part in sport, be it club subscription, equipment, trips, can be a major barrier to participation.
The Sport Access fund has been created to support those students who wouldn’t otherwise be able to participate in their chosen sport or activity due to cost.
Who Can Apply?
This award is open to all NTU students engaged in NTU sport activities.
What can you apply for?
- Contribution towards subscription costs. This could be for a sports club or other NTU Sport programme, such as a Play for Fun membership.
- Contribution towards an NTU gym membership.
- Purchasing of specialist equipment.
- Contribution towards club participation costs. For example, playing kit, mandatory training (required to participate in an activity), performance related costs.
How much can I apply for?
Students can apply for up to £250 per academic year, only one grant will be awarded to a student in an academic year.
As all applications are reviewed every year, if you received funding last year you will not automatically receive funding again for the 22/23 academic year.
What applications are likely to succeed?
We receive a high number of applications so in order to be successful, your application will need to demonstrate:
- Exactly what the money you are asking for will contribute to.
- Why you feel you are eligible for support.
- What impact the funding will have on you and the contribution it will make towards you being able to take part in sport at NTU.
What will not be funded?
- Reimbursements for subs, gym membership, equipment or kit already paid for.
- Money towards club subscriptions that run trials where the selection process has already been completed for this academic year.
- Money towards transport to training or competition (not including organised/set competitions or trips).
- Money towards nutrition and food.
How do I apply?
Applications will be reviewed by the NTU Sport Development Team; however, in some cases it may be necessary for other colleagues to be contacted to reach a decision. For some applications it may be necessary for additional supporting evidence to be sought by yourself, for the panel to reach a decision.
Please note, we are unable to make reimbursements for any purchases you make prior to our decision.
We recognise that there is a lot of pressure around the deadline for Club Membership therefore, an automatic extension for this deadline will be granted until a decision regarding the application has been made.
The application process is a competitive one and not all applications will be successful. The decision of the panel is final.
The closing date for submitting your application is 7th October 2022. The date has been brought forward due to unexpected high demand. Applicants should expect to hear a response on or before 14th October.
Applications for the Sport Access Fund are now CLOSED.
For further information please contact Sanna.email@example.com