At NTU Sport we believe in access to sport for all students. We recognise that the cost of taking part in sport, be it club subscription, equipment, trips, can be a major barrier to participation.
The Sport Access fund has been created to support those students who wouldn’t otherwise be able to participate in their chosen sport or activity due to cost.
Who Can Apply?
This award is open to all NTU students.
What can you apply for?
- Contribution towards subscription costs. This could be for a sports club or other NTU Sport programme, such as a Play for Fun membership
- Contribution towards an NTU gym membership
- Purchase of specialist equipment
- Contribution towards club participation costs. For example; playing kit, mandatory training (required to participate in an activity), performance related costs
How much can I apply for?
Students can apply for up to £250 per academic year, only one grant will be awarded to a student in an academic year.
What applications are likely to succeed?
We receive a high number of applications so in order to be successful your application will need to demonstrate:
- Exactly what the money you are asking for will contribute to.
- Why you feel you are eligible for support.
- What impact the funding will have on you and the contribution it will make towards you being able to take part in sport at NTU.
What will not be funded?
- Reimbursements for subs, gym membership, equipment or kit already paid for.
- Money towards club subscriptions that run trials where the selection process has already been completed for this academic year.
How do I apply?
Applications are now closed.
Applications will only be reviewed by the NTU Sport Development Team. In some cases, it may be necessary for additional supporting evidence to be sought by yourself, for the panel to reach a decision. All applications are anonymised.
Please note that the application process is a competitive one and not all applications will be successful. The decision of the panel is final.
For further information please contact email@example.com